Thursday, June 23, 2011

Amy Lane Resigns

Arlan Ponder posted on his blog, http://voteforarlan.blogspot.com that Amy Lane resigned after Monday night's school board meeting.

In my opinion, Amy was a competent, professional administrator. I have not always agreed with everything Amy has said, but I have never, NEVER been treated unprofessionally or discourteously by her.

I will preface my next remark by saying that I have not talked to Amy about her reasons for resigning.

I pretty much expressed my opinion back in my June 17 posting when it looked like her new title was "special education coordinator" versus "assistant superintendent." I think she got jerked around and could only take so much. She got pushed to the point of leaving, and our school is NOT better off because of it.

4 comments:

  1. This is sad news. Amy Lane is the one person who, in my opinion, should not be leaving. She is an asset to the school. It has always been my hope that she would stay and become the super. She has always been easy to work with, a precise person, detailed... sad.

    Debra Schilling

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wrong "super" resigned. If only Hancock had the the balls....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will miss Mrs. Lane! She was ... and is ... loved and respected by everyone in our district. I don't know the reason behind her resignation, but I do recall another important administrator who once resigned... and left for Carrizozo. That was Mrs. Muncrief. She later returned as
    Superintendent of Cloudcroft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a recent graduate of CHS, within the past 4 years, this is truly saddening news. Mrs. Lane led the school in ways that most will never know. Amy is a respected member of the community, but even more important and clearly obvious, is that she was one of the most respected administrators in the entire school system. I remember when I began first grade in Cloudcroft (Mr. Daniels, as a matter of fact) and we had one of THE best school systems in the state. The system was very strong and grew stronger up until the point I reached high school; unfortunately, at that point, the quality of education was clearly on the decline. I realize financial conditions have not been optimal, but there is not an excuse for poor decision-making and weak leadership in the most important office of the school system. I hope reasonable, logical minds can sort through the numerous issues that are on the horizon and lead CMS into the future. I will stay tuned…

    ReplyDelete